[Wien] Problem Related to bandstructure

Gerhard Fecher fecher at uni-mainz.de
Sat Jan 15 21:08:38 CET 2011

Ups,
a different band structure when spin orbit interaction is included ?
There should be only one band structure with spin orbit interaction and that is found after running
lapw1 -band -up (-orb)
lapw1 - band -dn (-orb)
lapwso -up (-orb)
the -orb if U or an other orbital potential is included.

Better think about why there is only one band structure with spin orbit interaction
but - more confusing -  still two types of density of states (for magnetic systems).

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Johannes Gutenberg - University