[Wien] how to find Stoner parameter using wien2k

Shamik Chakrabarti shamikiitkgp at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 20:30:41 CEST 2011

Dear wien2k users,

According to the Stoner band theory of magnetism, one can able to predict
the magnetic ground state of the material as it is paramagnetic or
ferromagnetic using product of the non magnetic density of states around the
Fermi level (N(E)) and the Stoner parameter (I). As given in some of the
literature, the Stoner parameter  can be described as the exchange integral
and it could be found using LSDA and LMTO methods. see the fallowing
literature...

1. http://prb.aps.org/pdf/PRB/v16/i1/p255_1

2. http://jap.aip.org/resource/1/japiau/v89/i11/p6889_s1

We are doing our calculations in Wein2K package using the GGA approximation
and we want to know how the stoner parameter could be found according to the
my calculations. As non magnetic calculations gives the total density of
states at around the Fermi level, it is very helpful for us to predict the
material is magnetic or not using the Stoner parameter. therefore, please
suggest us how to find the Stoner parameter using wein2k package.
--
Shamik Chakrabarti
Research Scholar