[Wien] compile time error during installation of wien2k 11 with the latest compilers

shamik chakrabarti shamikphy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 11:56:12 CEST 2011

Dear Wien2k users,

                          We are trying to install wien2k 11 in a Compaq
Laptop having core2duo processor by using the latest compilers (ifort+mkl).
The used OPTION is given below:

FOPT:-FR -mp1 -w -prec_div -pc80 -pad -ip -DINTEL_VML -traceback
LDFLAGS:-L/home/avijitghosh/intel/composerxe-2011.4.191/mkl/lib/ia32
-pthread
DPARALLEL:'-DParallel'
R_LIBS:-lmkl_lapack95 -lmkl_intel -lmkl_intel_thread -lmkl_core -openmp
-lpthread

using these OPTIONS when we compile all the programs the following errors
appeared:

Compile time errors (if any) were:

SRC_lapw0/compile.msg:W2kinit.F(28): error #5102: Cannot open include file '
mkl_vml.fi'

SRC_lapw0/compile.msg:make[1]: *** [W2kinit.o] Error 1

SRC_lapw0/compile.msg:make: *** [seq] Error 2

We are not able to figure out why these errors appear as *mkl_vml.fi is in
the include directory of mkl. *Another thing may be worthy to mention here
that although we are using core2duo processor, during installation of ifort
, the compiler choose the ia32 environment by itself.

Any response in this regard will be very helpful for us. Thanks in advance.

with regards,

--
Shamik Chakrabarti
Research Scholar