[Wien] error showing : libmkl_intel_lp64.so: cannot open shared object file

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Thu Jul 14 15:45:22 CEST 2011

If you really have an insulator, then it should not take 120
iterations to converge -- something must be wrong.
a) Is it really an insulator? Look in case.output2up which gives a
"dirty DOS", i.e. a printout of which states are occupied and their
energy. Is there a gap?
b) What convergence criteria are you using? What is the (final) value of :DIS?
c) Are you doing a minimization (MSR1a), in which case 120 iterations is "fine".

I suggest that you do not try mBJ, it is harder to converge and should
only be used as a final test.

N.B., are you sure that the XRD is the same -- check numbers not just
spacings as the later are determined by your choice of cell.

2011/7/14 shamik chakrabarti <shamikphy at gmail.com>:
> [...]
>> d) You do not have the intel libraries in your default library path --
>> do "man ldd", "man ldconfig" and "ldd $WIENROOT/lapw0" then think
>> about the output and information.
>>
>> None of these are Wien2k problems, they are problems with your OS.
>>
>> In the future I would suggest that you use -i-static which will avoid
>> these issues.
>>
>> N.B., 130 iterations is an awfully large number unless you are running
>> a minimization. If this is just a straight scf then something is very
>> wrong with your physical model.
>>
>> 2011/7/11 shamik chakrabarti <shamikphy at gmail.com>:
>> >
>> > Dear Wien2k users,
>> >                         I was running a calculation for a 56 atom unit
>> > cell.
>> > It has run for 130 iterations so far, but after that due to power
>> > failure
>> > the system got shut down. When we want to start the calculation from
>> > where
>> > it ends, we have chosen the " run anyway" option. But then it stopped
>> > showing the following error:
>> > /home/shamik81/WIEN2k/lapw0: error while loading shared libraries:
>> > libmkl_intel_lp64.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
>> > directory
>> > Although the shared libraries are at its proper place (in
>> > intel64/lib/mkl)
>> > it is showing the above error. As wien2k has been compiled properly and
>> > has
>> > already run for 130 iterations without any trouble what is the cause for
>> > such an error?
>> > We are using composerxe-2011.4.191 compiler and wien2k 11 for our
>> > calculation
>> > We are not able to figure out the reason of such an error and can not
>> > move
>> > any further. Any response in this regard will be highly appreciated.
>> > with regards,
>> > --
>> > Shamik Chakrabarti
>> > Research Scholar
>> > Dept. of Physics & Meteorology
>> > Material Processing & Solid State Ionics Lab
>> > IIT Kharagpur
>> > Kharagpur 721302
>> > INDIA

>> --
>> Laurence Marks
>> Department of Materials Science and Engineering
>> MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall
>> 2220 N Campus Drive
>> Northwestern University
>> Evanston, IL 60208, USA
>> Tel: (847) 491-3996 Fax: (847) 491-7820
>> email: L-marks at northwestern dot edu
>> Web: www.numis.northwestern.edu
>> Chair, Commission on Electron Crystallography of IUCR
>> www.numis.northwestern.edu/
>> Research is to see what everybody else has seen, and to think what
>> nobody else has thought
>> Albert Szent-Gyorgi
>

> --
> Shamik Chakrabarti
> Research Scholar
> Dept. of Physics & Meteorology
> Material Processing & Solid State Ionics Lab

Laurence Marks