[Wien] Treating d and f states of Eu using SIC

David Tompsett dat36 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 19 08:37:09 CEST 2011

Dear Alay,

DFT+U is more than just a SIC correction method. It corrects some
self-interaction, but also incorporates Hartree-Fock effects via a Coulomb
matrix. See PHYSICAL REVIEW B 79, 035103 (2009).

To tread both d and f electrons try:
EuTe.inorb
1 1 0                nmod, natorb, ipr
PRATT,1.0      mixmod, amix
1 2 2  3              iatom nlorb, lorb   # treating d electrons with Ueff =
0.5000, How to treat f electrons as well?
1                      nsic (LDA+U(SIC) used)
0.500 0.0 U J
0.500 0.0 U J

Cheers,
David.