[Wien] Reg: orbital magnetic moment

Md. Fhokrul Islam fislam at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 29 11:23:15 CEST 2011

Hi,

    Do the following steps and it will work:

Step 1: Add case.indmc file. Here is a sample for calculating orbital moments for
           two atoms. For the 1st atom it will calculate moment of d orbital and for
           the 2nd atom it will calculate moments of p and d orbitals.

case.indmc

-9.                 Emin cutoff energy

 2                  number of atoms for which density matrix is calculated

 1   1   2        index of 1st atom, number of L's, L1
 2   2   1  2    index of 2nd atom, number of L's, L1

 1   3             r-index, (l,s)index

Step 2: Do scf calculations with spin-orbit

          runsp_lapw -so

Step 2: After SO calculation is converged do

          x lapwdm -c -so -up

The result will be in case.scfdmup

Best,
Fhokrul