[Wien] error during DOS calculation

Gerhard Fecher fecher at uni-mainz.de
Mon Jun 6 22:27:57 CEST 2011

Maybe I did not see it or you did not give for what type of structure you did the calculation.
In case you calculated for a Heusler type quaternary, I checked my calculations (I have some hundreds for rather all existing
and many never existing Heusler compounds) and found this (FeCrVAl) and other similar ones
that never gave troubles independent of the used Version of Wien2k (at least if I did not do something stupid either intended or by chance).

Sometimes strange things about follow up errors appear that one can never get rid off  for whatever reason  (due to input errors or typos, even after they are corrected) .
It sems that sometimes faulty files survive and cause that the same error appears always. I could never figure out why.
In this cases I save the struct file (if I am very sure that it is really ok) and delete the session and the complete directory and run
everything again from scratch.
In some cases it seems also to appear if some new students of mine
start with calculations and try to do everything in one folder (different systems and optimization, and...)

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Johannes Gutenberg - University