[Wien] e-field in lapw0

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jun 24 14:10:32 CEST 2011

For sure the field is added along the z-direction.

I'm not sure about the consequences with a triclinic structure.

In any case, please remember that the field is added as a zig-zag potential.

Thus it does not make sense to add it to a "normal" unit cell, but one
should either have a slab (surface) with the kink in the vacuum region
or create a "long" supercell along the c-direction.

There is a possibility to plot the added potential and I'd recommend that
you do this to understand what is done exactly.