[Wien] vec2old_lapw

Tomohiko Tasaka tasaka at affinity-science.com
Mon Mar 7 12:25:01 CET 2011

Dear All,

when executing "x lapw2 -qtl -p" calculation on PC cluster
system(with local SCRATCH), I encounter the following error:

Error in LAPW2
 'l2main' - error reading parallel vectors

then, I found that it's because that vec2old_lapw script fails to copy
the vector files of other machines. to deal with this problem, I modified
vec2old_lapw as below(you can find attached):

//-----------------------------------------------------------
$ diff vec2old_lapw vec2old_lapw.orig
9d8
< set remotecopy = rcp
12d10
< set exechost=`hostname -f`
84c82
<           set status=`$remote $machines[$i] "cd $PWD;$remotecopy $SCRATCH/$file.vector${updn}_$i
${exechost}:${SCRATCH}/$file.vector${updn}_$i"`
---
>           set status=`$remote $machines[$i] "cd $PWD;cp $SCRATCH/$file.vector${updn}_$i
$file.vector${updn}_$i"`

so, what do you think about this modification?
if there are any problems, incompatibilities, or better solutions, please advise.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

With best regards,
Tomohiko