[Wien] volume optimization

tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Sun May 8 09:28:17 CEST 2011

Hello,

When you use mBJ (number 28 in case.in0), the total energy is calculated
with LDA (i.e., the mBJ orbitals and electron density are plugged into
the LDA functional), and you can use this total energy for calculation of
energy vs. volume of unit cell. What is not possible, is to use forces for
the optimization of internal parameters. What do you mean by QW, QWR, QD?

Hybrid functionals similar to HSE are in WIEN2k, but I don't know when it
will be released into the distributed WIEN2k version:
http://arxiv.org/abs/1103.4466

F. Tran