[Wien] Wien2k workshop at PennState

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue May 17 09:04:24 CEST 2011

Dear WIEN2k users,

I'd like to announce that the program of our WIEN2k workshop at PennState University,
(June 28 - July 1, 2011) is now available on the web.

As usual, the program ranges from the "first steps" (for WIEN2k beginners) with plenty of
time for hands-on sessions all the way to specialized and advanced topics like

- advanced DFT for special purposes (solids, molecules, gaps with TB-mBJ, hybrid DFT)
- the new structure optimization techniques in WIEN2k
- Wannier functions with WIEN2k
- XMCD, BSE
- relativistic effects, non-collinear magnetism
- Cluster expansion

Please remember: the early bird registration (at $575) ends on May 29th !

Best regards
J.Sofo and P.Blaha