[Wien] kmax for lapw3

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Nov 2 10:08:48 CET 2011

The ONLY relevant quantity of lapw3 is the total X-ray structure factor. As you mentioned, it
can be calculated for any K smaller than what you specify in the input.

What you call X-rax FORM factor, is NOT the X-ray form factor known in usual X-ray crystallography.
It is a purely mathematical construct and gives the contribution to the structure factor from
an electron density within a given atomic sphere.
In particular, the total structure factor cannot be calculated from the WIEN2k atomic "from factors"
only, but there is an additional large part from the interstitial. And this contribution will
change drastically with variations of RMTs.

Thus these quantities are only listed for information and probably only up to a certain sin th/l.
Eventually you can change this directly in the source code.