[Wien] .machines files and pbs system

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Nov 8 17:23:04 CET 2011

The problem is the following:

When doing a scf calculation (run_lapw -p), the
x lapw1 -p step will use the    .machines   file
for parallelization (usually created on the fly by the PBS job),
but at the same time it will create automatically a
.processes  file, which will be used for parallelization
of the later steps of an scf (lapwso, lapw2).

This scheme allows to modify the .machines file DURING a running
scf calculation.

Thus what you have to do is modify your PBS script and create instead of
the .machines file the   .processes file.

Just examine an existing file, its content should be clear from that.

Peter Blaha
Inst. Materials Chemistry, TU Vienna
Getreidemarkt 9, A-1060 Vienna, Austria
Tel: +43-1-5880115671