[Wien] Volume optimizer for orthorhombic structre

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Thu Nov 10 19:23:10 CET 2011

In which case you have two options:
a) Use more and/or faster computers/cores
b) Reduce the accuracy of the calculation. A common mistake is to use
an RKMAX of 7 with small RMTs, whereas one should somewhat scale as
RKMAX/min(RMT). Warning: it is not exactly this and one has to
increase slightly for small RMT's, i.e. the real relationship is more
like

RKMAX_use = A+(7-A)*min(RMT)/2.0

where A is something like 1-2 in my experience

WARNING: Do your own tests for this.