[Wien] reg: DOS at fermi level

bobli rekharam swetarekharam at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 13:34:51 CET 2011

>  I have a small doubt on DOS at Fermi level. I want the value of N(E_F) for my compound.
> According to my idea, we will get this value form  case.dos1ev file.
> But the total DOS in this file is DOS due to the atoms and also due to interstitial region.
> So how can I  get the DOS value on the Fermi level only due  to atoms not from the interstitial region.
> So to subtract the contribution of DOS due to interstitial region from the total DOS, What I have to do?

Actually what I understood that I am writing here

      Here I am writing more details of my doubt.

My system is AB3 type and it is a superconductor.

A has mutiplicity one and
B has a multiplicity 3
So from the total DOS I am getting N(E_F) values = 2.41 states/eV
 If I am adding the values of total A and total B, I am getting value
1.59 states/eV

So the total atomic DOS is vary less than the total DOS.  And here I
conclude that nearly 0.8 states/eV was due to interstitial.
But when I will plot the total DOS graph, it will show the DOS value
2.41 states/eV.
SO if I want to report the DOS value which value should I  write?
If I will calculate the Sommerfeld coefficient (γ mJ/(mol  K**2)),
which DOS value should I consider ??
 Here I am confused.

--
Swetarekha Ram,