[Wien] WIEN2k on Xeon 5500 Series

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Nov 24 08:55:41 CET 2011

Do you have the same error as mentioned in a previous post ?

I'm using   composer_xe_2011_sp1.7.256    (ifort 12.1.0) and do NOT have any problems.

However, it runs on an AMD Opteron system, and it could well be that the problem
is specific to using Intel-processors, as the mkl may have special optimizations
for this processor.

FC = ifort
MPF = mpiifort
CC = icc
FOPT =  -FR -mp1 -w -prec_div -pc80 -pad -align -DINTEL_VML -traceback -msse3  -fno-alias
FPOPT = $(FOPT)
DParallel = '-DParallel'
FGEN = $(PARALLEL)
LDFLAGS = $(FOPT) -L$(MKLROOT)/lib/intel64
R_LIBS =  -lmkl_lapack95_lp64 -lmkl_blas95_lp64 -lmkl_intel_lp64 -lmkl_intel_thread -lmkl_core -openmp -lpthread
C_LIBS = $(R_LIBS)
RP_LIBS =  -lmkl_scalapack_lp64 -lmkl_blacs_intelmpi_lp64  $(R_LIBS) -L../SRC_lib/fftw/lib -lfftw_mpi -lfftw

On our own Intel based machines we use      composerxe-2011.3.174   (ifort 12.0.3)  and this works fine.