[Wien] Elastic constants for Orthorhombic Case (128 atom Supercell)

Rostam Golesorkhtabar r.golesorkhtabar at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 19:01:29 CEST 2011

Dear Ghosh,
My name is Rostam Golesorkhtabar. I am PhD student of Claudia
Ambrousch-Draxl, during my PhD we have developed a code, ElaStic,
which is able calculate the elastic constants (ECs) for every space-group
number with exciting, WIEN2k, and Quantum espresso codes with energy and
stress method. As far as I know, stress calculation is not implemented yet
in WIEN2k code. But, we can still calculate ECs with energy method by
WIEN2k. At the moment, we are testing the ElaStic code to be sure everything
is working correctly. I mean
we need some months to release the ElaStic code. Nevertheless, if you give
me your structure I will help you to generate distorted structure and then
you calculate the energy of distorted structures and at the end, I will help
you again to analyse the energies for ECs calculations.

Best wishes
Rostam