[Wien] Which computer operating system?

ahmad gharleghi ah.gharleghi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 13:54:06 CEST 2011

*Dear all Wien2K users,*

We are going to purchase the latest version of Wien2K and a computer with
the following characteristics:

Intel Core i7-2600 3.40 GHz (6-core)+ 20Gb(Ram)

May you please guide us in the following questions?
1- Is it a well-assembled computer system that we are going to buy?

2- Which kind (and version)  of operating
system<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operating_system> is
suitable for these model computers and the current version of Wien2K?

Our purpose is to make some calculation for nano-tubes, superscells, and 2D
systems, and may we try to make *parallel k-point* use too!
Thank you so much in advance for clear explanations!
Best Regards,
Ahmad