[Wien] input_files

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Oct 17 09:42:13 CEST 2011

You can put in

i) the structure manually (w2web),

ii) you can use a modified xyz file (see UG xyz2struct)

iii) you can use   cif2struct  (see UG), either with a cif-file
                                     or a case.txt file (this will convert a special text file, not a cif file!!)

partial occupancies:
Fact is, that one position in space can only be occupied by ONE atom.
How you model your disorder/partial occupancy depends on you.
Most convenient is supercell, but you can generate atomic positions also
yourself and put them into an xyz file.
However, note: a "cluster of atoms" ???? We use periodic boundary conditions....