[Wien] orbital-projected charge

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Oct 20 09:16:56 CEST 2011

Do you want to "plot" charge densities or just a number, namely the
"total charge inside the muffin-tin sphere"  ?

The latter is already provided in the scf file (:QTLxxx)

Eventually you can also run lapw2 with a specific energy range (-emin XX or -all X Y), so that
you do not get the contributions from eg. semicore states, .....

One with some tricks can also "plot" densities corresponding to s,p or d orbitals only, however,
only inside the atomic spheres (such densities will be discontinous at RMT). I'd argue that
in general this is of limited value. Anyway, the procedure to obtain such a case.clmval file
follows the procedure for "hybrid-DFT for localized electrons" (-eece). In this procedure
a case.clmval file is created, whose density INSIDE the spheres consists ONLY of the selected
s,p,or d orbitals.