[Wien] [SPAM?] LSDA + U calculation

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Oct 25 10:52:36 CEST 2011

a) What result do you get for GGA ? The first thing is to try to reproduce the published
calculations. You should have large moments at Cr (2 mB) and smaller negative ones (0.7 uB) on Os.

b) Are you sure you entered the structure correctly ? This is a R-spacegroup and WIEN2k requires
    to enter the positions in R coordinates.

c) For which atoms did you put U ??? For sure you should put it to Cr (larger U ?) and eventually to
    Os (smaller U, like the 0.15 Ry in your input).

d) I hope, you are using a new WIEN2k version, because in some older version there was a bug for
    LDA+U with complex vorb components.

e) Otherwise, I can only advise you to be systematic like:

spin-pol GGA calc.
save
initso
runsp -so
save    (and check your results)
add indm(c), inorb
runsp -so -orb

eventually, you can also try once to skip the -so step and do everything without SO (but Os is quite heavy).

Without doing the calculations I can hardly say anything, except that I would not understand how Cr
can loose its moment in LDA+U.