[Wien] rare earth + Mo system

tripurari sinha sinha_tp at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 27 09:35:10 CEST 2011

Dear Prof. Blaha,

I have tried to run the scf cycle for spin-polarized case of a double perovskite oxides contains rare earth and Mo5+ (Molybdenum) in B-site using Wien 10.

The convergence criteria are: energy convergence 0.0001 Ry and charge 0.001 e.

After running 40 cycles the results shows that energy is not converged in scf.

But if I run the similar system with same crystal structure without spin-polarization scf cycle is converged.

Also previously I run the same system in wien05 with spin-polarization and it successfully converged.

What is wrong when I am using  wien 10.

Similar problem arises if I replaced Mo5+ by Ru5+ i.e., for magnetic materials.

But if Mo is replaced by Nb5+ or Ta5+ (non-magnetic)  it works  nicely.

I am waiting for your reply. Thanking you,

With regards
T. P. Sinha

From: Prof. T. P. Sinha
Department of Physics