[Wien] Error in Parallel Optical Calculations

Ong Phuong Khuong ongpk at ihpc.a-star.edu.sg
Mon Oct 31 02:53:25 CET 2011

Hi,

I think there is one error with join for optic in version 11. 1. The problem is, join code looks for files case.symmat1/2$updn but it cannot find them. These file should be created by optic.

To overcome, you just create these files ( EMPTY files) and it will work !!! Crazy? No, it is nice! I think in the new version we may see new functions with these files ( I guess :)).

For WIEN2k version 10, this error never happen. You can check x file between two versions to see a different at join ( line 854 onward)
 Good luck!

Regards,
Khuong

Dr. Khuong P. Ong
Research Scientist
 Optics and Transport
 Materials Science & Engineering Department
Institute of High Performance Computing
1 Fusionopolis Way, #16-16, Connexis, Singapore 138632
Mob:      +65. 81885057
Tel(Off): +65. 64191566