[Wien] A question regarding the calculated values of the DOS - a single unit cell vs a supercell

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at UGent.be
Thu Sep 22 09:40:57 CEST 2011

You seem to be counting the number of inequivalent positions, rather
than the total number of atoms in the unit cell. Count the number of
position lines in your case.struct (or sum the MULT numbers). This will
probably solve most of your problem.

Furthermore, the DOS of a supercell inevitably will show the results of
backfolding (search the mailing list archive, or google for 'band
structure backfolding'). That might spoil your comparison too, to some
extent.

Stefaan