[Wien] phonon calculation

Ghosh SUDDHASATTWA ssghosh at igcar.gov.in
Mon Sep 26 13:51:41 CEST 2011

Dear Yundi,
What I follow is
1. do volume or c/a, b/a relaxation depending on your structure
2. Use the optimized lattice parameters to do min_lapw
3. Use the optimized lattice parameters and atomic positions to define the
supercell in Phonon software
4. import the d45 file from phonon to wien2k
5. run phonon.job in wien2k
6. get the force file and export it to phonon
7. get the phonon dispersion

you can use -fc 1.0 in min_lapw as well as in phonon. you can then try -fc
0.50 and then so on

SG

  _____