[Wien] help required

Rocquefelte Xavier.Rocquefelte at cnrs-imn.fr
Sat Apr 7 12:02:39 CEST 2012

The band gap estimated from the DOS is always larger than the one
extracted from the band structure (which is more accurate).
To estimate the fundamental band gap you should consider the one deduced
from the band structure.

The difference you observed is certainly due to the existence of a broad
band which has a very low density near the Fermi energy. As a
consequence, you can have the feeling that you have a gap by looking at
the DOS.

Could you give more details about your calculations ? Which system ? The
value of the band gap from the DOS ?

Regards

Xavier