[Wien] (no subject)

Rocquefelte Xavier.Rocquefelte at cnrs-imn.fr
Wed Apr 18 17:10:59 CEST 2012

You provide very poor information concerning your calculation. As a
consequence it appears difficult to help you.
I can simply say that if you have used a supercell 2a x 2b x c, then a'
= 2a = 7.18 A° at the beginning.

If after the geometry optimization you have obtained a' = 7.5 A°, it
means that a' is overestimated by about 4.4%.

We expect an overestimation of the cell parameters from GGA, and
underestimation from LDA. I imagine that you have selected GGA for your
geometry optimization.

Concerning the experimental value a = 3.59 A°, i.e. a' = 2a = 7.18 A°,
is it the dimension of the alloy or the dimension related to a pure
phase (neglecting the impact of the substituent elements)?

Regards

Xavier