[Wien] how to see exact values of refractive index, extinction coefficient, optical conductivity, Reflectivity and absorbtivity ?

Rocquefelte Xavier.Rocquefelte at cnrs-imn.fr
Sat Apr 21 09:32:32 CEST 2012

Could you clarify your question? For the moment it appears difficult to
answer.
I can simply mention that these data are in the following files:

- case.epsilon
- case.refraction
- case.reflectivity

Now, if your request is to have a method allowing to obtain the EXACT
values ...
Then it is another problem, because you should know that DFT is a ground
state properties theory.
We can estimate these "excited states" quantities from DFT using some
tricks (scissors operator ...), or by applying corrections to the
functional (hybrid functionals, LDA+U ...).
However, it will remain an estimation, which will be more or less
accurate. Only the comparison with experimental data (from ellipsometry,
EELS, ...) will allow to say if the modelling of the optical properties
is accurate for a given compound.

Best Regards

Xavier