[Wien] Plotting the .rho file

Kateryna Foyevtsova foyevtsova at th.physik.uni-frankfurt.de
Tue Aug 21 09:32:19 CEST 2012

My personal favourite way of plotting 3D electron isosurfaces is

1) to use the xcrysden interface to calculate the electron density with
lapw5

2) to save the result as an xsf file in xcrysden

3) to open the xsf file by VESTA and produce a nice figure there (I find
that VESTA offers more freedom than xcrysden in some cases)

For this procedure to work you need to make xcrysden generate the
electron density data strictly within the unit cell.