[Wien] Virtual-crystal

Fecher, Gerhard fecher at uni-mainz.de
Wed Aug 22 08:15:32 CEST 2012

Does it "realy" work for atoms from different rows as in the Sr-La example,
the total energies should be completely different because of the larger number of "core" electrons
I guess the result is not Sr-La but Sr-Y (or Sr - 1/2 Zr, etc. as the kind of atom is not distinguished).

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Johannes Gutenberg - University