[Wien] eigenvectors storage

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Aug 27 12:19:21 CEST 2012

No, this is not possible (if the vectors are so big that you cannot store them on disk,
you cannot store them in memory either).

You can use $SCRATCH (a temporary filesystem if this is available on your machine).

And you can reduce Emax (last line in case.in1), so that less eigenvalues are stored,
which makes the vector file also smaller. But beware: if Emax is too small, you may not have
"enough" eigenvalues to get all your electrons into some bands, and iterative diag.
does not work either.