[Wien] Problems in convergence due to application of mBj potential

Luis Carlos Ogando Dacal ogando at ieav.cta.br
Wed Aug 29 14:50:09 CEST 2012

Dear Prof. Laurence Marks (and WIEN2k users),

   I would like to report my recent experience in using MSR1a with
mBJ. I have a semiconductor system composed by In and P atoms that I
relaxed using PBE. After that, I tried the mBJ SCF cycle using PRATT
as recommended in section 4.5.9 of the WIEN Users Guide. I got the
convergence after a long cycle (strict convergence criteria), but no
convergence was obtained with MSR1a.
   If you want any detail of my system and/or calculation, just send
me an e-mail.
   Another point, my system tries to simulate a substrate and a cap
stressed layer. As a consequence, I need to fix the substrate atoms
during the SCF cycles. I would like to know if this can be done with
case.inM when using MSR1a (or any other way). I believe that fixing
atoms leads MSR1a to behave like MSR1. Is this right ?
   All the best,
                  Luis Ogando