[Wien] Question about 2D-Fermi Surface plotting

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sat Dec 8 19:06:03 CET 2012

Why don't you install pgplot and plotgenc?

Below are my Debian install notes, which might help.  The install is
most likely the same for Ubuntu.  For other Linux distributions, you may
have to make your own adjustments.

*Installing pgplot*

1. In a terminal: sudo apt-get install pgplot5

For other linux distributions, search the Internet.  You may have to
install by another method (yast, etc.).

*Installing plotgenc *

1. Go to: http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/unsupported/
2. Download Plotgenc: plotgenc.tar.gz
3. In a terminal: mkdir $WIENROOT/SRC_plotgenc
4. In a terminal, while in the directory with plotgenc.tar.gz: tar xvf
plotgenc.tar.gz -C $WIENROOT/SRC_plotgenc
5. Go to the SRC_plotgenc directory (cd $WIENROOT/SRC_plotgenc)
6. The Makefile in SRC_plotgenc contains the compile command for the
pgf77 fortran compiler, which you can enter into a terminal. Using the
"make" command may not work on it with the error "Makefile:1: ***
missing separator.  Stop.".  Attached is my slightly improved Makefile,
where I have used ifort instead of pgf77.  Replace the Makefile in
SRC_plotgenc with it.  Edit it an text editor as necessary for your
system.  Finally, in a terminal while in SRC_plotgenc, do: make
7. The executable file plotgenc will appear in SRC_plotgenc, if the
compile is successful.
8. Copy the file to the base directory of Wien2k: cp plotgenc ..