[Wien] Error in det_lat_NSM(): the special conditions not satisfied

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Feb 1 09:03:06 CET 2012

I checked these cif files.   Where are they from ? How are they created ?

They might be formally "correct", but at least I've never seen regular
definitions of P1 structures with lattice parameters like:

_cell_length_a                   26.1349
_cell_length_b                   25.1482
_cell_length_c                   13.3073
_cell_angle_alpha                19.11
_cell_angle_beta                 10.89
_cell_angle_gamma                22.52
_symmetry_space_group_name_H-M   'P1'

Most of your structures work anyway with x nn and x symmetry, sgroup is not
useful in your cases anyway.

When problems occur, this is probably because some positions like 0.33333 are
"truncated" and should be set with full accuracy.

In any case, I cannot support problems due to such "unusual" structures.