[Wien] lapwso crash

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Fri Feb 10 05:48:48 CET 2012

Dear Nilton,

The following steps might be useful:

(1) You reported that you are using Update 2 of composer xe 2011. I
would suggested trying Update 3, since there seems to be a lot of
success with this compiler version.  If the error goes away with your
compiler settings, then you will know that the cause is coming from the
compiler.

It seems users are running into SIGSEGV errors during runtime with
composer xe 2011 versions. Furthermore, this problem seems particular to
systems with Intel "Xeon" processors (and maybe only those that are
x64).  Falling back on Update 3 or an ifort 11 usually provided a solution.

(2) If you add "-g" your compiler options, it might give more details on
the cause of the SIGSEGV error.

(3) The links below list some causes and troubleshooting tips for
SIGSEGV errors.

http://www.democritos.it/pipermail/pw_forum/2005-March/002272.html
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/determining-root-cause-of-sigsegv-or-sigbus-errors/

Hope this helps,