[Wien] ubuntu "hup" command error?

aeljarrat at el.ub.edu aeljarrat at el.ub.edu
Wed Feb 22 08:52:10 CET 2012

Dear wien2k Users and Developers,

I've just downloaded and compiled Wien2k in my PC (running Ubuntu). As
it's my first time compiling Wien2k (but not using it) I decided to
follow the developer's advice and got Intel's ifort+mkl compilers
beforehand. Everything went fine till I tried to run the first SCF
cicle through w2web and got a strange error:

hup: Command not found.

Then segmentation fault (172) and LAPW0 ends and all processes halt.
This was in the TiC test example from wien2k web, without touching
anything, just the run button of the SCF cicle tab. I blamed a bad
installation of ifort+mkl, and proceeded to recompile Wien2k from
scratch using my old (and reliable) combination of gfortran+gotolib.
Then back in the w2web interface, SCF cicle tab in the TiC test
example and got an error again:

hup: Command not found.
 LAPW0 END

>   stop error

which was the same again but without segmentation fault.

Finally I decided to run the SCF cicle from the console and it worked
fine! The hup message keep appearing (see attached example file), but
SCF cicle continued correctly.

I was relieved to find my compilation of Wien2k is somehow working,
but I still want to work with w2web. So, can anyone help me to solve
this problem? i don't seem to find any "hup" command in Ubuntu's
documentation...

Thanks to everyone who is reading this post (my first one on the list :-) ),

sincerely,

Alberto Eljarrat Ascunce

Departament d'Electrònica,
Universitat de Barcelona