[Wien] Some confirmation regarding SO calculation

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Feb 29 14:04:56 CET 2012

You cannot expect "unique" answers. All this may depend on the system AND on the properties
you are interesting.

Adding RLO:  There is a good reason why N (NO) is the "default" for initso.
    RLOs are mainly usefull for elements with semicore p-states ( do you have them ??)
         and for TOTAL ENERGIES.

EMAX in case.in1: This is similar as above: For a bandstructure or DOS emax=5 will be
    sufficient in most cases. For E-tot (volume optimization, or comparison of two structures)
    it may not be enough.

Emax in case.inso is only for "printint" (or DOS).

In the end it is always the same:    TEST it yourself for your specific system and propertiy.