[Wien] PBS

Florent Boucher Florent.Boucher at cnrs-imn.fr
Thu Jan 5 10:17:15 CET 2012

Dear Yundi,
this is a known limitation of ssh and rsh that does not pass the interrupt
signal to the remote host.
Under LSF I had in the past a solution. It was a specific rshlsf for doing this.
Actually I use either SGE or PBS on two different cluster and the problem exists.
You will see that are not even able to suspend a running job.
If some one has a solution, I will also appreciate.
Regards
Florent

  Le 04/01/2012 21:57, Yundi Quan a écrit :
> I'm working on a cluster using torque queue system. I can directly ssh to any
> nodes without using password. When I use qdel( or canceljob) jobid to
> terminate a running job, the job will be terminated in the queue system.
> However, when I ssh to the nodes, the job are still running. Does anyone know
> how to avoid this?

| Florent BOUCHER                    |                                    |
| Institut des Matériaux Jean Rouxel | Mailto:Florent.Boucher at cnrs-imn.fr |
| 2, rue de la Houssinière           | Phone: (33) 2 40 37 39 24          |
| BP 32229                           | Fax:   (33) 2 40 37 39 95          |
| 44322 NANTES CEDEX 3 (FRANCE)      | http://www.cnrs-imn.fr             |