[Wien] surface with mBJ

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jan 5 10:28:42 CET 2012

In principle you are doing it ok.

Are you using the latest mbj routines with all updates discussed in the
mailing list ?

Still, I could imagine that in the surface region (low density) the mBJ potential
diverges somehow, but I don't know this.

Are the Fourier coefficients of Vxc (printed in case.output0) converging ?
(There is a list of (h k l) with (0 0 i) and i ranges from 0 to some maximum.
The corresponding fourier coefficient is large for i=0 and i=max, but in the "middle" they
should be significantly smaller.)

Alternatively, try a surface calculations with a "small vacuum" only and see if mBJ
can handle this.