[Wien] Problem in using wien2k in parallel mode

Bakhtiar ul Haq bakhtiarjadoon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 17:47:18 CET 2012

Hi Dear all wien users,
Here I am using wien2k_11.1 on Dell quad-core work station with four intel Xeon
processors and 12GB RAM in ubuntu 11.10 environment. The system works well
for light calculations but for heavy calculations it gives error llike
"Stack trace terminated abnormally,  (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault
occurred". My system utilizes memory less the 1GB out of 12GB, and it looks
like working on a single processor system. I think I am making errors during
installation. Kindly suggest me the changes that should be made for
parallel installations as compared to installation on a single
processor..
Thanks

*With Best Regards

Bakhtiar Ul Haq