[Wien] Curie temperature

Rocquefelte Xavier.Rocquefelte at cnrs-imn.fr
Wed Jan 25 07:31:20 CET 2012

To my knowledge the evaluation of the Curie temperature could not be a
direct output of a DFT calculation.
In literature, you could find equation allowing to estimate Tc based on
a preliminary estimation of the exchange parameters J(ij).
These exchange parameters must be calculated based on a mapping
analysis, which consists to consider different magnetic orderings
(ground state and excited magnetic states).

In conclusion to estimate Tc you need to do more than one calculation
and you have to define your own strategy to estimate the J parameters.
Thus it appears critical to have an output in a DFT code providing Tc,
to my point of view.

Best Regards

Xavier

Xavier Rocquefelte