[Wien] Problem in identifying the case.int file

Ali ALLAM ali.allam2 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 26 10:41:20 CET 2012

Dear  all

I am Ali ALLAM, 2nd year PhD

I work on WIEN2K from about 1 month

In my thesis, i must calculate the DOS of my crystals (that they are TETRAGONAL) using the WIEN2K software

So, first, i do an SCF calculation, and after i met a problem in the DOS calculation

My question is how to identify the numbers in the case.int file to calculate DOS

On internet, i see, 3 examples of this file :

First example : TiC
6
0   1   Total
1   4   Ti-d
1   5   Ti-Eg
1   6   Ti-T2g
2   2   C-s
2   3   C-p

Second example : TiC
8
0   1  Total
1   1  Ti-Tot
1   4  Ti-d
1   5  Ti-Eg
1   6  Ti-T2g
2   1  C-Tot
2   2  C-s
2   3  C-p

Third example : TiO2
7
0  1  Total
1  2  Ti-s
1  3  Ti-p
1  4  Ti-px
1  5  Ti-py
1  6  Ti-pz
2  1 O-Tot

So, in the third example, there is a disagreement, because, they use 4 = Px (in the 2nd column)
so the 4 = Ti-d in the first and the second example

I read the userguide without ssolving my problem

Can you please help me to solve this problem ?
and let me know, how to identify the numbers of the second column in the case.qtl file ?

Thanks a lot

Ali ALLAM
2nd year PhD - Physics of materials
IM2NP - Aix - Marseille University