[Wien] Segfault in lapw1_mpi (SL_INIT)

Elias Assmann elias.assmann at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 15:41:58 CEST 2012

Dear Laurence,

On 07/03/2012 03:10 PM, Laurence Marks wrote:
> This is an issue with your openmpi, either a simple one or a nasty
> one. Suggestions:
>
> a. Check that you are using libmkl_blacs_openmpi_lp64 or similar, the
> "blacs_openmpi" is what matters. This is probably the reaons and just
> changing this will fix everything.

Thank you, that was spot-on!  For the record, I would add that I did
not find blacs_openmpi in ``ldd lapw1_mpi'' (is it statically linked
against?), but the Makefile showed I had used -lmkl_blacs_lp64.

> c. Recompile openmpi, and I suggest using 1.4.4. Unfortunately there
> are some bugs in the 1.3.X versions of openmpi and I never got them to
> work, but I did get 1.4.4 to work.

I will keep that in mind in the case of future errors.

Problem solved.  (I may be back for more problems, though...)

	Elias