[Wien] EFG contributions (valence/lattice) in WIEN2K

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at UGent.be
Wed Jul 25 13:05:32 CEST 2012

It looks like you ran your regular scf-cycle with k-point parallelization.

In that case, also the subsequent lapw2 run should be done in parallel
(x lapw2 -p , and including all other options of lapw2 as in the regular
run : do 'grep lapw2 :log' to see what these other options were).

Furthermore, the vector files from the regular run should still be
available/accessible. Either start your separate lapw2 run from the same
host if you run on a personal cluster, or add the lapw2 run immediately
after the regular run (i.e. in the same job script) if you run on a
centralized cluster with scheduler.

Changing TOT to EFG is not necessary anymore, you can simply add the
-efg switch to lapw2: 'x lapw2 -p -efg +otheroptions'

Stefaan