[Wien] Is GGA+U available in Wien2k?

Qiwen YAO Yao.Qiwen at nims.go.jp
Thu Jun 21 06:24:27 CEST 2012

Dear all,
I have a few questions for calculating strongly correlated systems (for example for YMnO3) using Win2k  by the +U approach+
Q1:
I am wondering is GGA+U implemented in the current version of Wien2k?  It seems to me that GGA+U is not an option in the case.inorb file:
in line 1, there are only three choices for the *nmod* (which defines the type of potential according to the UG) 1 LDA+U; 2 OP; 3 B(ext) - what do the OP and B(ext) stand for here?

Q2: if I am to initiate the calculation for LDA+U with the w2web, at the *x lstart* step, does it matter for the choice of how to Select Exchange Correlation Potential? Or, Do I have to choose LSDA in this step in cooperation with the case.inorb file?  If the choice matters for the +U approach then would it means that the choice here over-writes the options in line 1 in the case.inorb file?

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
Wen

Dr QiWen YAO
JSPS Fellow
Multifunctional Materials Group
Optical and Electronic Materials Unit
Environment and Energy Materials Research Division

National Institute for Materials Science

1-2-1 Sengen, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0047, Japan
Phone: +81-29-851-3354, ext. no. 6482, Fax: +81-29-859-2501