[Wien] structeditor load struct problem with octave

Stefan Löffler stefan.loeffler at tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jun 22 12:31:43 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 2012-06-21 19:40, Lucy Kiruri wrote:
> 3) s = loadstruct(Pb.struct)

This is the wrong approach as it doesn't take "Pb.struct" as a
string/filename but as a variable.

> I also tried s=loadstruct("Pb2.struct")

This is the correct approach (BTW: why do you have "Pb.struct" above,
and "Pb2.struct" here?).

> But this gave me the error message <http://zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/pipermail/wien/2010-August/013550.html#>:
>
> octave:3> s = loadstruct("Pb2.struct")
> error: `strcmp' undefined near line 18 column 11
> error: if: error evaluating conditional expression
> error: evaluating if command near line 18, column 7
> error: called from `loadstruct' in file
> `/home5/slomski/build/SRC_structeditor/bin/loadstruct.m'
> error: evaluating assignment expression near line 3, column 3

To me, this doesn't seem like a problem in the struct file (yet).
Rather, it's a problem in the octave code (the function strcmp is not
found).
What version of octave do you have (if not a recent one, please update;
Google suggests that there have been some problems with and changes to
the strcmp function over time)?
What does `help strcmp` give when run from within octave?

HTH
Stefan

--

Stefan Löffler                              Institute of Solid State Physics
Vienna University of Technology                         T: +43 1 58801-13815