[Wien] Emax in case.in1 within spin-orbit coupling calculations

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at UGent.be
Mon Mar 19 11:31:00 CET 2012

Just as the total energy will decrease asymptotically (=forever) if you
increase RKMax, it will decrease asymptotically if you increase Emax.
How do you find the appropriate RKMax? ==> not by monitoring the total
energy as such, but either energy *differences* or your observable
property of interest. The same applies here: either you observe the
energy difference (between e.g. two cases with a different magnetic
order), or you monitor an observable property that depends on spin-orbit
coupling (e.g. orbital contribution to the magnetic moment).

Stefaan