[Wien] SCF 1st cycle keeps on running at LAPW2 and doesn't go further

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Tue Mar 20 13:51:23 CET 2012

I have some ideas what this might be, but to find it will take a
little work. There is a "bug" of some sort in lapw2 where one can get
a process running forever, but for me it has always been
irreproducible. It sounds like you may have a reproducible example,
which makes it possible to find it.

Are you reasonably familiar with fortran coding? If so I can give you
a number of steps to follow. If you are not please send the files from
"save_lapw" to my private email as a tar-gz file. (If the
case.clmsum/up/dn are not too large include them, otherwise don't.)
Also include details of exactly what you have done, i.e. the run_XX
commands.

N.B. I may not be able to reproduce it -- that is sometimes the case
if it depends upon the compiler/mpi version.