[Wien] query about OPTION 6 in volume optimization in which we can vary a, b and c (3D case)

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Wed Mar 21 15:34:56 CET 2012

If you look at what "optimize" does, it just varies the lattice
parameters in some reasonable fashion then runs a csh (tcsh) script
for each different one. There are then a couple of small utility
programs for doing simple plots and/or finding the minimum energy. It
is only designed to handle relatively simple cases, not every possible
one.

I suspect that for your case it will be more efficient if you edit by
hand the lattice parameters and create a series of files
(case_1.struct , case_2.struct etc). You can then use some other
program (e.g. Excel) to analyze your results. With a little work you
can edit the script that optimize produces (optimize.job) and then run
it -- not rocket science.