[Wien] A question in DOS please

Rocquefelte Xavier.Rocquefelte at cnrs-imn.fr
Wed May 16 07:25:28 CEST 2012

You must multiply the Mn(3d) DOS by the multiplicity factor (number of
equivalent atoms).
For instance, if Mn atom has 4 equivalent positions, you must multiply
by 4 the Mn(3d) DOS.
A way to better understand how the case.qtl file is constructed is to
look inside.
You will see that the Mn(total) include the multiplicity, while
Mn(orbital s, p, d, or f) is for 1 atom.
Thus DOS(Mn [TOTAL] ) = N * ( DOS[s] + DOS[p] + DOS[d] + ... )
with N the manganese multiplicity.

Best Regards

Xavier